April 12th




It’s been two weeks since I’ve written.  That’s hard to believe.
Time has gone so slowly and yet on this side feels so fast.

Much has changed.  We are still good and safe. I have tomato starts and out of frustration, I went and bought tomatoes.  I wore a mask and my sunglasses, most everybody in line was doing the same.   Covering my Tomato Base..never mind I have at least 40 cans of tomato products in my cupboard.

I don’t care about the cans in my cupboard, I care about my life being normal.  My love of growing things.  After all, I am from California where you just throw a seed on the ground and it grows.  Not so much in Maryland where I live…you have to look at the weather every day, you have to consider the clay soil, you have to protect your crops from an overabundance of deer and rabbits and groundhogs.

But my desire to do starts or concentrate on their health or even bake or cook lovely things has gone sideways. My coping mechanisms have been derailed.  There was a Human Intervention.

An adult relative went off the rails.  Living in my home, they went bat shit crazy.  Screaming, crying, throwing hatred and invectives toward me and then storming out the door.  I wasn’t completely surprised, this relative has done this before, even when not under the extreme pressure of COVID-19.  

They slammed out the door, going somewhere else to stay and frankly it was a relief.  I love them and will always support them, but damn it all to hell I hate their up-flairs of selfishness and stupidity.

Back to the tomatoes or what I have been trying to accomplish this last week…getting Hand Sanitizer to our Police Department.  The Cops don’t have it. I sent an email to them, the “Community Officer” wrote me back “We need Clorox Wipes.”  I searched that and even off name brands..it was a No Go. 

I mean I spent hours. 

My guess is the Fire and EMS got theirs but the Cops don’t. 

Then I remembered my sister and family have turned their CBD business (former pot grow in Washington State) into making Hand Sanitizer.  Because it takes a bucket load of Alcohol to extract CBD from Hemp and they have loads of Alcohol.  My nephew says he’s shipping 5 gallons of their product to me.

And frankly, I don’t care how much it costs me, I will never be so happy as when I show up at the Police Department with 5 fricking gallons of Hand Sanitizer!

And that’s my most important Corono story now.  We are doing good. Eatin way too much, I’ve gained 4 pounds.  We are safe and blessed.   I just want the hand sanitizer to get here, so I can deliver it to the Cops.  That will thrill me.


Comments

Popular Posts